Sunday, April 22, 2012

Product Review: Photobook Creater by Unibind

This past weekend, I went to a event hosted by the Scrapbook Warehouse.  It was the Photobook Creater Make-N-Take in store demo.  There was a new letter announcement and my sister-in-law really wanted to go.  So said, sure!  I haven’t been doing anything creative since we started our house building project.  This is what I ended up taking home with me:

The demonstrator Ken Oliver, is a great guy. He told me my book was beautiful, when I know he’s just being nice. I had trouble using the supplied distresser ink.  I still don’t know what distresser ink does.  And certainly you can’t tell I used it on my book I made!  I’m a origami enthusiast and novice Graphic Designer, not a hard core paper crafter or stamper like Ken and my sister-in-law.  Still, I enjoyed myself, he made it fun!

The Photobook Creator is a neat product.  You can bind your own books.  You buy the special book covers that has a resin embedded in it’s spine.  You print photos on any paper, organize them and then heat the spine and the resin binds the paper into your customized book.

The photo books covers themselves aren’t un-reasonable priced either, they range from $5.00 to $20.00 for covers ranging from 4 x 6 inch size to 12 x 12 inches sizes. 

imageimage

** Note: I received no compensation for this review.  The opinions expressed are 100% my own. 

No comments: