Sunday, January 30, 2011

Feature Etsy Shop: Origami Kou

Megamind1We watched the movie Megamind over the weekend.  It started off so cheesy it was hilarious!  I recommend watching this with your family.  Like all family movies, there’s the basic moral to the story type messages.

When I searched for Etsy stores to see if there were Megamind themed products, it was a wonderful surprise that an origami artist actually designed a mask based on the main character!  I’ve heard of Jaime Kou the last few months.  His work is based on the preliminary foundations of masks designed by the late Eric Joisel.  I know many of you will wonder about the price point but remember this, it takes many hours to design and then produce this type of origami.  The paper he said he used is elephant hide paper (not made from elephants, it’s a description of the thickness of the paper) and it’s preserved in layers of Carboxymethylcellulose

I hope you enjoy his work of art, and if you do buy it please let me know, I’d love your opinion of it when you see it in person!

il_fullxfull.193111392[1]

Megamind Mask, designed and folded by Jaime Kou

No comments: