Sunday, December 20, 2009

Enchained Chainmaille Creations - Vancouver, BC

Another one found through a facebook fanpage: Enchained Chainmaille Creations

This artist's work is quite interesting, she makes handmade chainmaille products.  Unfortunately, there isn't alot of information other than the artist has been making chainmaille for 8 years.   I'm assuming the artist is female based on the photos.   Looks like most of her products are fashion items and jewellry.  Wonderful fashion statements.   Unfortunately, I don't have the right 'look' to wear her items and make them look good :(.  I'd love the opportunity to model the bikini top :), I think it's great!

However, she's not pigeoned holed in her creativity.  I like her origami crane mobiles, however the cranes are drawing attention away from the chainmaille.   Maybe if the cranes were made with Yuzen or handmade paper, maybe with metalic accents to really bring out her chainmaille and make the mobile more 'balanced.'

An artist's medium should be the focus of any work that he or she produces.  If this chainmaille was commericially produced, then the mobile's perfect.  However, studying the photos, you can see it takes alot of skill to make the maille.  Though I love origami, I rather my conversation include, "this?  Yes, it's a handmade!  everyone link is handmade by this artist..."


No comments: