Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Son’s Handmade Birthday Cards!

We held our son’s first birthday this past weekend.  We just held a BBQ with friends and family.  I want to share with you a couple of handmade cards my son got.  They are currently being displayed on our mantle.

This was designed by Charmaine from Lucky Charms Card Collection.  I really the offset look and love the embellishments like the ribbon.  She used a star punch for the hat.

Elizabeth (2)

This card is designed by our friend Twyla.  I like how she layered embossed paper behind the fish.  The bubbles were a really cute touch.

MacKenna (1)

I love handmade cards and give it a try.  I quickly realized that this hobby wasn’t for me.  I’m a technical person my nature.  Origami is a very technical craft.   Card marking, there aren’t any rules.  The only true limit is your imagination.  I love looking at other people card designs but that’s pretty much it.  I’m a handmade card lookie loo. 

I think I just admitted I’m boring and unimaginative haha.

No comments: