Monday, May 24, 2010

Wickaninnish Gallery - Grandville Island, Vancouver, BC

I’ve been reminiscing lately about a school project I did back in school.  Every team had to take on a real life project offered by local business in order to graduate.  The projects ranged from website building to consultation services.  My team bided on several but our program head deemed they were too easy for our skill set.  He assigned us the project no one requested.  The owner wanted to market her products online to international markets.  It was quite challenging but I’m proud to say that my team got the the top mark in our program!

Wickaninnish Gallery

The gallery was founded by its owner Patrica Rivard in 1987.  It is named after her Great Great Grandfather, Chief Wickaninnish, who as a powerful chief of Nuu-chah-nulth in the late 1700s.

Wickaninnish Gallery is a unique gallery & gift shop that offers a wide selection high quality art and jewellery created by Northwest Coast First Nation artists. 

They have beautiful jewellery crafted from sterling silver or gold.  The necklace pictured was tagged in the company's profile on the Aboriginal Tourism Association of BC website.  I wish I could show you more.  If you are ever in BC near Granville Island, I urge you to go and take a look.
 
Map picture
The Net Loft, Granville Island
Suite 14 - 1666 Johnston Street
Vancouver, BC  V6H 3S2

Ph: (604) 681-1057

http://www.wickaninnishgallery.com


 

No comments: