Friday, November 27, 2009

Asian Gift Designs - Washi Creations

I've been playing with the idea of making decorative clothespins featuring washi or yuzen paper for my etsy shop.  I wanted to see what's out there so I can try and make something unique.    I stumbled  upon Kimono and Kokeshi Doll magnetic clothes pins. These really caught my eye because they are so cute!  So, I had to search around the shop.

Asian Gift Designs carries products ranging from framed art to soap gift sets.  Just looking out her samples catalogue, most of her products are handmade if not all of them.  I think my favourite items are her kimono people that is available as framed art as well as unique photo albums

About the Artist - Dyanna Louie

A fellow Canadian originally from Toronto, Canada who currently resides in the San Franciso Bay Area.  Her focus are home decor accents and gifts handcrafted with Japanese washi paper and decoupage.  She started with her idea to decoupage some of her papers onto all the switchplates in her home after making a birthday card.  She loved them so much, she realized that other people would enjoy them as well. 

No comments: